libreplanet-dev

Re: Support for launching the FSF forge

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: Support for launching the FSF forge
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 20:26:05 -0400

np Kalle -

that was not directed mainly at you - its great that you are
offering to help

this discussion has been going on for some months now - i have
been reading along, but not responded yet - no one has mentioned
those particular things yet though - i could have sent that
exact message a month ago; but did not make the time for it -
your recent message just prompted me to participate

i discussed this briefly on IRC with a member of the FSF tech
team; and it is my understanding that they are fully aware of
that situation as i described it; and are not intending the new
forge to replace savannah, but as an alternative supplement

the challenge of adopting a new workflow is symmetrical - those
currently using savannah and an email workflow, may likewise be
hesitant to accommodate new contributors who prefer the new forge