Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Pixen Alternative for Linux

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Pixen Alternative for Linux
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:58:35 -0400

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 19:44 +0200, al3xu5 / dotcommon wrote:
> Il giorno martedì 06/09/2011 19:16:49 CEST
> Daniel Martí <danielmarti.debian@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> > Would you say the same to someone using Debian?
>
> This seems quite off-topic...
>
> Anyway: yes, i would.
>
> At the same time, despite Debian is not in the FSF's free distros list
> I know it is (now, since squeeze) very near to be a fully free distro
> (and thre are rumors that FSF and Debian are discussing about this...).
> Conversely, Ubuntu is very FAR to be a free distro.
>
> Regards

Ubuntu can be configured to install only free software, and you can
install linux-libre, which makes it as free as Debian is, as far as I'm
concerned.

I haven't heard any "rumors" about the FSF and "Debian" (Debian is huge;
what part of debian are you talking about?) "discussing" Debian's
freedom status. Debian's freedom status is clear and obvious as long as
it keeps recommending non-free software.