Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Alternatives to closed, non-free webmail servi

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Alternatives to closed, non-free webmail services?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:17:29 -0600

Robert Martinez wrote:
> You're trying to elevate data-transfer services to common infrastructure.

If by "common" you mean "government owned", then no, that is not my goal.

If by "common" you mean "user owned", then yes, that is my goal.

> This is another political question and depends extremely on your local
> government, not software freedom.

None of the governments (national, state, county or city) where I live own
the physical layer, and even if they did, that would not be a solution.

We, the people, must gain *real* ownership of the physical layer, and cannot
rely upon corrupt governments or the corporations that puppeteer those
governments to do so for us.