[libreplanet-discuss] Installing BASIC-256 From Tarball

From: Joel Kahn
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Installing BASIC-256 From Tarball
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 12:44:44 -0700

Yes, this is a call for help from a relative newbie....

I'm attempting to install the latest version of the
GNU-licensed application BASIC-256 on my laptop which is
running Trisquel 6.0.1. Unfortunately, the maintainer of
the BASIC-256 project does not have the current version
in the easy download system, and my most recent attempts
to contact him have not been successful, so I'm trying to
do it from the tar.gz file. I've gotten as far as extracting
files into a new directory, but my attempts to run commands
like "configure" and "make" keep producing errors such as
"command not found". Does anyone have the time to tell me
what kinds of absurd things I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Joel