Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives

From: rysiek
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 23:22:50 +0200

Dnia poniedziałek, 18 maja 2015 19:41:46 Thomas HARDING pisze:
> On 18/05/2015 17:23, Aaron Wolf wrote:
> > The point isn't that CC-BY or CC-BY-SA are impossible to misrepresent
> > nor that the "mark as modified" clause is a foolproof block of
> > misrepresentation. The point is that ND itself is not a foolproof block
> > of misrepresentation. And since there's little (no?) evidence of it
> > being helpful in reality…
> >
> > There are other alternatives for authenticity. The ideal approach is to
> > have an official version, i.e. an *endorsed* version.
>
> [my English expression is one of the worst around the world]
>
> The raising problem in that thread is: FSF is unresponsive regarding
> any attempt to endorse any translation nor any derivative work,
> such as educational material.
>
> In fact, FSF office lacks of employees. There were only one person
> accounted on "propaganda" duty.

So instead of giving that person *more work* and making it harder to
disseminate FSF ideas, why not release the texts under CC By-SA, and instead
provide a simple mechanism for people to ask for *endorsement* if they
want/need it (or, indeed, provide endorsement for translations FSF finds and
decides are good enough)?

Seems like a good deal to me.

--
Pozdrawiam,