Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Teaching programming (was: libreplanet-discuss

From: Harry Prevor
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Teaching programming (was: libreplanet-discuss Digest, Vol 71, Issue 6)
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 11:24:25 -0500

(sorry for the double send Mike, forgot to address to the mailing list the first time)

On 2016-02-03 10:52, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
Please don't link to Google Docs, as it requires that users run
proprietary JavaScript, and does not work with JavaScript
disabled.  See:

  https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html

As such, I and others cannot view it.  Perhaps you can export it in
another format that others can view?

For the record, this has never been true. I wrote a program a long time ago that allows you to download Google Docs in the free ODT format; the script seems to have been lost but the process is still simple:

http://archive.is/Oxqwf

You may still not want to use GD because it may be difficult (but not impossible) to *edit* the documents using only free software, but it certainly is not hard to view Google Docs documents using only free software.

--
Harry Prevor