Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreplanet-discuss Digest, Vol 71, Issue 6

From: Isaac David
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreplanet-discuss Digest, Vol 71, Issue 6
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 09:23:04 -0600

Le ven. 5 févr. 2016 à 8:52, Mike C <drascus@mykolab.com> a écrit :
Wait isn't there a way to setup libreoffice in server mode and use it through a webbrowser?

Yes, through the GTK+ Broadway backend, but the code isn't quite stable AFAIK. Moreover there are true web free software applications with collaborative editing, like Etherpad.

Why wouldn't someone do that if they wanted access to documents over the internet?

I guess the intersection of users who use LO with those who know about a little publicized feature and  those who own a server to avoid SaaSS isn't exactly numerous.