Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Privacy-friendly OpenID provider

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Privacy-friendly OpenID provider
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 08:17:53 -0800

On 02/22/2016 02:10 AM, Fabio Pesari wrote:
> Is there a privacy-friendly OpenID provider? The list at [0] doesn't
> seem too complete (or comforting) and while anyone can host their own
> server, it would be a good idea to have an existing one hosted by a
> trusted entity.
>
> [0]: https://openid.net/get-an-openid/

FWIW, The privacy-friendly technology was Mozilla's BrowserID / Persona
(which was stupidly double-branded for backend vs front-end). It was far
better than OpenID by design and Mozilla was completely incompetent in
how they dealt with and failed to promote the promising technology
eventually killing the project. Bringing back that technology and doing
it right would probably be the best ideal.

I don't know otherwise an answer to your question though, hope others do.

-Aaron
Snowdrift.coop