Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Common Search: a nonprofit search engine for t

From: Sylvain Zimmer
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Common Search: a nonprofit search engine for the Web
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 02:21:01 -0400

Hi Carl,

The project you refer to never actually existed. No one at Wikimedia is working on a general search engine for the web so there is no overlap :)

Best,

On Friday, March 18, 2016, carl hansen <carlhansen1234@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 6:52 PM, Sylvain Zimmer <sylvain@sylvainzimmer.com> wrote:
Hi!

I'm starting a new project that may be of interest to this list:
https://about.commonsearch.org/

I would love to have your feedbacks on the mission, the values and the
code/demo we already have online!

Wikimedia Foundation talked about doing something like that, called Knowledge Engine.
They already got
the first $250000 grant.  Any overlap with your project?

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2016-02-17/Special_report

Sylvain Zimmer

blog: sylvinus.org
mobile: +33 6 64 67 61 71 / +1 646 266 1588