Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We need a Great campaign To tell the programme

From: Andrés Muñiz Piniella
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We need a Great campaign To tell the programmers to improve their programs To work well with the screen Reader
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 22:49:18 +0000

Going back to web issues and accesability: a designer friend pointed me towards
these two items.

* Wcag 2 Aa seems to be web (w3) based standard that is rarely used
https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/ and that developers should be made more aware of
it.
* A recent survey from webAIM https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebAIM showed
that it seems  that JAWS is loosing market share to nvda but of course that
only works on windows.

Then it seems that blind is a spectrum and that 97% of people that are blind in
UK can acutually see a bit so screen readers might not be needed but better
font contrast.

Does this mean that what most people use is the web so that programs
(applications) is really not as big an issue (urgent)? And the focus of a
campaign should be aimed at web?

PS: now I really want to learn emacs!
--
Richmond Makerlabs