Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Google Keep Libre Fork

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Google Keep Libre Fork
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 17:02:31 +0100

On 18/08/17 16:42, Andri Effendi wrote:
Dear Free Software Community,

Does anyone know of an existing Fork of Google Keep that doesn't rely on
Google?

I would like to create my own own, that I can use Sync Thing or some
other decentralized alternative to for keeping my notes.

Apparently Google Keep is "Open Source" as refer to it when you go on
their website.

Kind Regards,
I don't know if there is a fork of Google Keep, but I am aware of two libre replacements that might be of interest: Standard Notes [1] and QOwnNotes [2]. AFAIK they are both 100% libre software stacks that you can self-host. Would they fulfil your needs?

[1] https://standardnotes.org/ (git repository: https://github.com/standardnotes) [2] http://www.qownnotes.org/ (git repository: https://github.com/pbek/QOwnNotes)