Re: [libreplanet-discuss] helping newcomers start blogs - but where?

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] helping newcomers start blogs - but where?
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 09:16:33 -0700

On 08/19/2017 09:59 PM, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 19:52:51 +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> blogger.com
>
> Blogger requires non-free JS to even begin to render a page.  I've never
> been able to read any blogs hosted on that site, unfortunately.
>
> Unless things have since changed.

I have a site built and hosted on Blogger, and I'm quite sure there's no
JS needed to render anything. And that's been the case forever. Try it.
It's http://blog.wolftune.com

That said, there's tons of free-software reasons to not use Blogger, and
I'm hoping to leave it as soon as I find time and decide what to do
next. I tend to take my time to work on Snowdrift.coop instead of fixing
my own site though.