Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Issues on GitHub, Issues on GitHub

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Issues on GitHub, Issues on GitHub
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:52:31 +0000

Hi

On 28/03/2019 01:51, Cal wrote:

> On 3/27/19 5:24 AM, Dmitry Alexandrov wrote:
>> bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> wrote:
>>>
>>> most of the github website is functional with librejs, including opening
>>> bug reports and commenting on existing ones
>>
>> Yes, it’s indeed much more freedom-friendly than, say, GitLab, which is is
>> one of those wretched websites, that are not even _readable¹_ without
>> running ad-hoc nonfree software, yet ironically widely believed to be a
>> better alternative.
>
> I'll believe you when Trisquel stops using it.

Just letting everyone know, GitLab CE is indeed free software. I'm
currently setting it up for libreboot.org even (have to get gogs->gitlab
migration working before making the gitlab site public)

several other well-known projects (including the GNOME project, and
debian project) use it too.

It's the enterprise edition that's non-free. the community edition is free

--
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer and project founder.

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free BIOS - https://libreboot.org/
Use a free operating system, GNU+Linux.

Support computer user freedom
https://sfconservancy.org/
https://fsf.org/ - https://gnu.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: https://minifree.org/