Re: [libreplanet-discuss] resources about mailing lists vs. forums (e.g.

From: J.B. Nicholson
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 22:56:52 -0500

Michael Downey wrote:
Again, Mozilla is self hosting their Discourse installation.

No idea why you think otherwise.

Apparently I was mistaken, I had understood that the Discourse software was making reference to items under the control of discourse.org keeping discourse.org in some control over what was delivered to users trying to read that information.

You mentioned receiving copies of posts made to a Discourse forum via email. Can users post via email as well, and fully participate in the forum via email?

Whether they can or not still strikes me as reaching the same conclusion I originally reached in my earlier post because nothing structurally has changed despite my error, but it would be interesting to know.

Also, I've asked for replies to be sent to the list via the reply-to header. I don't need a copy and I can pick up replies on the list, thanks.