Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?

From: Adrienne G. Thompson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 15:20:52 -0500

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 1:38 PM Thomas Lord <lord@basiscraft.com> wrote:

> Remarkably, in order to make their allegations against Stallman, both
> Selam G. and Edward Ongweso Jr. must speak untruthfully about what
> Stallman wrote.

Contrary to Stallman's comment that "the word 'assaulting' presumes that he
applied force or violence", force or violence is not necessary to
constitute rape or "assault". Stallman is not a lawyer. The fact that a
young woman might have presented herself as "willing" does not absolve
the *alleged
*offender of rape if he knew - or in the case of someone of Minsky's
stature where it would be inferred that he "had a duty to know" - that she
was underage.

Hackers are known to be socially inept. Their humour can often be crude,
off-colour and - like the majority of men in the world - totally sexist
(I'm convinced that many of the men I know have their balls in their
brains:-)  ).

The record on Richard Stallman underscores that he is driven by ethical
sensibilities. He's not about to approve of rape anytime soon. So let's
just tell rms to shut up about the Epstein matter, not to attempt to defend
his idols (some of which I, *personally*, know are not worth defending) and
to get a female FSF colleague to censor all his comments pertaining to
women before these comments go public.

Adrienne
She/her
--