[libreplanet-discuss] Is Spacemacs libre software?

From: quiliro
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Spacemacs libre software?
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 02:53:40 -0000

I participate in the Free Software Directory https://directory.fsf.org
every Friday at 16h00 UTC. I am trying to diagnose if Spacemacs is an
adequate candidate for inclusion in the directory.

I have read a lot of the files and licenses on
https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs . Spacemacs is apparently all free
(even though there are some license compliance errors, such as including
the license text). Apart from functionalities to use Spotify and Evernote
(which do not make Space nonfree). It looks as it passes all tests.

Do you have any other opinion on this affair?

Quiliro
FSF-LA Board member