Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Promote NoPhone

From: Caleb Herbert
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Promote NoPhone
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 21:48:19 -0500

I forgot to mention my proposed strategies for living without a device.

 - Contacts notepad
 - Pen
 - Light
 - Calculator
 - Watch
 - Map
 - Music player
 - Flash drive
 - Camera

All of these things can be found in miniature versions that will all fit
in the pocket or on a keychain.

You may be able to find an SD card adapter with wireless functionality,
USB, Thunderbolt, and Type C all in one.  This would allow you to
transfer files to any device.

You may be able to find a music player that takes an SD card, so you can
put your flash drive's contents into your music player.

You can also carry earbuds that wind up inside a keychain, so it stays
neat and conserves space.

All of these things combined will provide a pleasant life experience
without the need for a mobile device.  I currently carry a notepad, a
pen, a map, a flash drive, a light, a map, and a calculator.  It works
very well and is much easier to get than a Replicant device.  The only
thing I'm really missing is a keychain camera.

--
Caleb Herbert
KE0VVT