Re: I removed the [libreplanet-discuss] tag from this list

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: I removed the [libreplanet-discuss] tag from this list
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 23:54:11 +0300

Ian Kelling <iank@fsf.org> wrote:
> Partly because we've had someone sending messages to people with the tag, but
> they aren't actually list messages.

So if ‘someone’ adds the footer, you would remove it too?  I would like to ask
him a favour of doing that then. :-)

Besides general reasons [0], why mangling mail is bad and unsubscribing footers
are bad, the current footer has its specific problem: 47 underscores is not a
standard footer (also called ‘signature’) separator (which is ‘-- ’).  So
unless a user configured his MUA to recognize it, he has to remove it from any
quoted message, that lacks a footer of its own, manually.  Which, of course,
also contributes something to a level of newbie-user-friendliness.

[0] <wodww2sk.321942@gmail.com>