Re: [libreplanet-discuss] “I don't answer questions from women”

From: A. Mani
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] “I don't answer questions from women”
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 04:26:37 +0530

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 6:57 PM Dmitry Alexandrov <321942@gmail.com> wrote:
> > For basic applied feminism (intersectional):
>
> Whatever it is.  My letter was not to discuss the concepts of virginity
> within intersectional applied feminism, but remind why we need to be more
> sceptical while spreading rumours heard on Twitter.  And even more sceptical,
> when they are of defamatory nature.
>

> > No, her point is fine.
>
> Sorry, what point?  Andreia Gaita was not presenting any point, she presented
> _an evidence_, that once upon a time Richard Stallman replied to a some
> mysterious question of her: “Oh wait you’re a woman!  I don’t answer
> questions from women”.
>
> You repeated this anecdotal evidence as a fact.
>
> Aaron Wolf point was: she most probably missed the context.  (Which she feels
> uncomfortable to provide [1]).
>
> My point was: she most probably simply lied, just as she did while retelling
> the St. Ignucius routine, and RMS never said _that_ to her.
>
> [1] https://mobile.twitter.com/ArneBab/status/1174436677726736385

Given the other well-known 'GIRL' comment on lefty's blog, she is
fully believable. Why does not RMS say something?
My point was that irrespective of whether she lied or not about the
statement, the routine in question is offensive, sexist and
triggering. The patriarchal concept of 'virgin' is routinely used by
religious people to shame, silence and abuse women. The old
geekfeminism wikia page on RMS has enough details.

https://geekfeminism.wikia.org/wiki/EMACS_virgins_joke
https://opensourcetogo.blogspot.com/2009/07/emailing-richard-stallman.html?showComment=1247268813706#c2710654169843897013

Best

A Mani

Prof.Dr.(Miss) A Mani
CU, ASL, AMS, ISRS, CLC, CMS, IEEE
Senior Member, International Rough Set Society
Homepage: http://www.logicamani.in
Blog: https://logicamani.blogspot.in/
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mani_A
sip:girlprofessor@ekiga.net