Re: [non-libre] unsubscribe help, too much Freedom de-tox anybody?

From: alex
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 19:06:07 +0000

Dear Daniel,

You subscribed me to a bunch of lists without my explicit permission and now you expect me to do the dirty work of unsubscribing.

What were you thinking?

Alex

Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro>:

If anybody is sick of all the lynchings and gangster behaviour and
simply wants to opt-out of all of it, these are the unsubscribe links
for all the lists.

You need to scroll down on each page to find the unsubscribe at the bottom.

As we all contribute time and money into these organizations we all have
an equal right to use the mailing lists for legitimate free software
purposes.  Don't be fooled by the people who stab RMS with a big knife
and then lecture us about the finer points of mailing list netiquette.
You all helped build these organizations and you all have the right to
take something away as the organizations split and fragment.

There are many people doing great things with Free Software outside FSF
and FSFE now.  You have a choice who you give your money to now.  I'm
planning to showcase some of them on the fsfellowship.eu list[1] and my
blog, so feel free to follow[2] my blog with your feed reader if you
prefer that.  The best way to advance Free Software now is to explore
all options with an open mind.