Re: Fyi: this list, libreplanet-dev, just had it's subject [tag] and foo

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Fyi: this list, libreplanet-dev, just had it's subject [tag] and footer removed
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 15:51:09 +0300

Ian Kelling <iank@fsf.org> wrote:
> Dmitry Alexandrov <321942@gmail.com> writes:
>> It’ve just got the following message where ‘From’ is rewritten:
>
> This happens very rarely and its due to misconfigured email servers which
> send us bad dkim signatures, including bad in the case that they include
> nonexistent list-* headers in their list of signed headers, which should
> never be done.

Yes, indeed.  Though, unfortunately, there is a header, that is fully
legitimate for a user to set (and sign), but is rather abused by Mailman —
thatʼs ‘Sender’.  Neither Majordomo nor public-inbox do that, why Mailman is so
peculiar, I wonder.

> In this case, the dkim signature failed to verify when it got to our server,
> so we had to rewrite it.
>
> 2019-10-31 12:45:26.710 [1437] 1iQDZe-0000NB-Mc DKIM: d=opengroupware.ch
> s=dkim20160331 c=relaxed/relaxed a=rsa-sha256 b=4096 t=1572539476
> x=1574353877 [verification failed - signature did not verify (headers
> probably modified in transit)]
>
> I'm planning to implement an autoreply in such cases to let the posters know
> to fix their mail server.

In the light that opengroupware.ch is <https://kolabnow.com>, which is
commercial email service provider, that looks funny.  It might even be a good
idea to contact them, rather than user.

In any case, thank you for taking the time to explain.