Re: “Get rid of digests”

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: “Get rid of digests”
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 16:05:02 +0300

Adam Van Ymeren <adam.vany@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu., Oct. 31, 2019, 10:01 a.m. Dmitry Alexandrov, <321942@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "J.B. Nicholson" <jbn@forestfield.org> wrote:
>> > Any plans to also get rid of digests (either all subscribers converted
>> to undigested subscriptions or new subscribers can't turn digests on)?

^^^^^
Please note, that your mail editor generates a quoting mess in attempt to
hardwrap lines (for no good reason) while being unable to do that properly.

It does not reveal itself in ‘User-Agent’ header, so, alas, I cannot suggest
how exactly to fix it.

>> Is there something wrong with them per se?  Except, that most of the people
>> have no clue how to use them properly, I mean.
>
> How does one use digests "properly?"

Digest is just a bunch of message/rfc822 parts inlined into (or attached to)
the message.  The MUA should be able to open any of it just as any other email.