Re: Libre web front-end

From: Roberto Beltran
Subject: Re: Libre web front-end
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 16:08:11 +0000

> If the code is not released, it is not under the control of the user.
> Service as a Software Substitute (SaaSS) is a risk.

Even if the code is released it's still not under the control of the "user" if
you mean the gamer. The actual user of the back-end software is the server
operator. There is no ethical basis for the gamer having control over the
server (someone else's computer). I agree that SaaSS is bad, but if the
back-end is a service that is not a software substitute, then there is no issue
from a strictly freedom standpoint.