Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?

From: Lori Nagel
Subject: Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 22:10:39 +0000 (UTC)

   I'm not really sure how Purism is any worse than companies like Think
   Penguin, or than the machines are any less freedom respecting than
   anything else that can run a FSF endorsed distro and coreboot.  Even
   some new system76 machines are running coreboot now from what I
   understand.  I understand it is hard to find hardware that gets a RYF
   certification because of some stuff with intel, but I understand this
   is not necessarily an issue with every chip, just most desktops and
   laptops. (with the exception of some old ones such as the refurbished
   ThinkPads like the t400)

   On Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 3:12:10 PM EDT, a via libreplanet-discuss