Re: Sharing your free software / quarantine success story

From: Federico Leva (Nemo)
Subject: Re: Sharing your free software / quarantine success story
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 22:07:23 +0300

LM, 17/04/20 20:05:
The School District where I work prefers to
stick with vendors that offer full support rather than using Open
Source software.

Your general point stands, but I just want to point out that this doesn't need to be a roadblock. For instance, a group I know switched from Dropbox to Owncloud (and then Nextcloud) in part because the new provider offered a SLA with support over the phone and some old-fashioned employees feel better this way. Naturally, you have to pay for such a service.

Federico