Re: Matrix communication protocol.

From: Denver Gingerich
Subject: Re: Matrix communication protocol.
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 04:37:25 +0000

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 06:25:36PM +0200, Msavoritias wrote:
>    On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 11:47, Adonay Felipe Nogueira via
>    libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> wrote:
>
>    Note: I don't speak for FSF, nor for GNU. Em 23/07/2020 18:56,
>    Msavoritias escreveu:
>
>      I would like to ask is it in the works to have an official FSF/GNU
>      server in the future? Are there any blockers I can help with?
>
>    FSF already has XMPP service for their associate members.
>
>    I guess it comes down to personal preference but for me I didn't see
>    the same features in all the clients I tried and almost all of them
>    were badly designed. This doesn't help with convincing people to use
>    XMPP.

Where did you go to determine which XMPP clients to try?  And which clients did
you try?

I believe there should be better resources to allow people to more easily find
the best XMPP clients - I'm trying to do my part with the recommendations at
https://jmp.chat/#clients (for the free software service I run).  In short, use
Gajim or Conversations.  If you want fancy design but less features, then Dino.

Hopefully we can make these recommendations more widely-known so that people
don't give up on XMPP.  It's an excellent protocol and is very easy to use and
featureful if you have the right client.

Denver
https://jmp.chat/