Re: Latex freedom issues

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Latex freedom issues
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 18:07:15 +0300

* Adonay Felipe Nogueira via libreplanet-discuss
<libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> [2021-06-29 15:15]:
> Em 27-06-2021 02:35, Jean Louis escreveu:
> > developed world like Western countries. Further it is questionable if
> > Guix can ever comply to GPL requirements as it was not designed for
> > that, I think nobody of developers have ever bothered even to read the
> > GPL requirements. Issues are raised elsewhere. Example is that
> > published software packages don't have their corresponding sources.
> > When package is published online it has to have corresponding sources.
>
> They do have complete corresponding source, and the ability to use the
> prebuilt packages is opt-in, not opt-out nor the default.

I understand your point. That a Guix user can get source by using that
command that does not dispute anything what I said. Maybe apparently
to the onlooker who does not follow the references I have given.

Did you research references I gave you?

> In any case, you can get Guix's package definition for example with
> `guix edit package-name` and the complete corresponding source with
> `guix build -S package-name`.

Sure. But how does that dispute the facts I have raised?

> This is made clear in the user-documentation which is available offline
> through the Info pages system-wide.

Does that documentation then comply to the GPL? It does not.

How about you go through references in the GPL that I gave you and you
tell me how does Guix comply to points I have raised?

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/