Re: [FSFLA] LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournam

From: Dennis Payne
Subject: Re: [FSFLA] LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournament!
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 18:03:32 -0500

You did ask an actual indie game developer. I chose "We" in my
statement because I was including myself in the group of game
developers. I recently made Anagramarama available for sale on itch.io
to gain funds for free software game development. I also have a
merchandise shop where I've started trying to make money for free
software game development.

If you want commercial closed source game developers, I've done that
two. I worked on the game Devil's Whiskey. I enjoyed the experience
and made money from it but don't particular enjoy closed source
development so I haven't done it since.

If you want someone who has entered game jams, I've entered two. I
would like to enter more but haven't found the time unfortunately.

If you want more game developers, I've hung out on irc channels for
gamedev and godot and talked to other developers about game jams. I've
also gone to a few Game Developer Conferences and Boston Festival of
Indie Games. I've attended the Postmortem game developer group in
Boston.

If you want more free software game developers, I frequent the
freegamedev.net forum. I also modify a lot of free software games and
generally contact about developer about it.

Feel free to reach out to other game developers. I enjoy hearing about
why people make games.