Re: LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournament!

From: Dennis Payne
Subject: Re: LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournament!
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 22:01:00 -0500

On Sun, 2022-01-02 at 07:32 +0000, Jacob Hrbek wrote:
> Proof-of-concept: GameHub <https://github.com/tkashkin/GameHub> which
> is
> a GUI frontend to various DDPs that handles the installation through
> the
> provided solution.
>
> .. would think it to be a good idea to fork GameHub to provide the
> decentralized game list and the binding.

Forking is a last resort. If you want to do this we should try to work
with GameHub developers to add the feature. Especially since it is
written in Vala which I suspect most people don't know.

The way GameHub works it lists all games from the various connected
stores. I don't think this would work for distribution games. Fedora
includes a lot of games and I think it would quickly become
unmanageable. I think you would need to display only those installed
and allow a search for more to install.

--
Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com