Re: Should distros take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software

From: Jim Fulner
Subject: Re: Should distros take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 23:47:46 -0400

   Well,
   It looks like all this nonsense went somewhere.
   [1]https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/big-sabotage-famous-n
   pm-package-deletes-files-to-protest-ukraine-war/
   I'm really sad that such discussion to attempt to make it more
   difficult for anyone to access Free Software even happened in our
   community. I suspect that such efforts not only make our movement
   appear as though we aren't as committed to human freedom as we claim to
   be, but it probably only reinforces government propaganda that the West
   is against everyday Russian people and the authoritarian state is their
   only protection.
   Jim