[libunwind] Feature request: Get an unw_dyn_info_t* from an address

From: Johan Walles
Subject: [libunwind] Feature request: Get an unw_dyn_info_t* from an address
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:53:15 +0100

We sometimes unload dynamically generated code from memory. When we do that we need to tell libunwind about it. We do that by calling _U_dyn_cancel(unw_dyn_info_t *di). For calling that function we need a pointer to the function's unw_dyn_info_t.

We can keep track of that pointer ourselves. However, since libunwind already does (otherwise, how could it unwind the stack?), we'd prefer being able to ask libunwind for the unw_dyn_info_t* corresponding to a certain address.

Is that easily doable? What kind of complexity would we be looking at for getting that information? Would we be better off storing that information ourselves?

  Cheers //Johan