[libunwind] Re: multiple dynamic list-info addresses?

From: Todd L Miller
Subject: [libunwind] Re: multiple dynamic list-info addresses?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:39:14 -0600 (CST)

> Hmmh, I'd worry about the case where the app already is linked against
> libunwind (dynamically and/or statically).  If you end up with
> multiple copies of dynamic-unwind info lists that are simultaneously
> in use, that wouldn't be good.

        True, but the situation doesn't improve much when you have two
processes fighting over the same unwind list, either. :)  I'm not sure how
one does cross-process locking (/tmp/dynamic-unwind-<remote-pid>?), but
I'm sure I don't have time to implement it.

        Anyway, it's something I wouldn't have thought of, and I'm glad
you let me know.  It may just stew on my "known problems" list for a
while, but that's OK.

- Todd