[Libunwind-devel] Re: [patch 2/2] Allow caller to block signals.

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Re: [patch 2/2] Allow caller to block signals.
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:51:06 -0700

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Arun Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
> After:
>
> ./configure --enable-block-signals=no
>
> I get a hang in tests/test-async-sig. Could you please look at this failure?

That is expected: the --enable-block-signals=no makes it unsafe to call
into libunwind without some other means of protection against recursive
entry back into libunwind from a signal handler.

It may be a good idea to add such protection to do_backtrace in
test-async-sig.c, both to make this test pass, and to demonstrate what
is required when --enable-block-signals=no

Unfortunately, I see no way to add such protection conditionally (depending
on whether --enable-block-signals is on or off). Is there a way?

Thanks,
--
Paul Pluzhnikov