Re: [Libunwind-devel] Get function name by IP

From: Dmitri Shubin
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Get function name by IP
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 11:46:14 +0400

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 5:20 AM, Arun Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Dmitri Shubin <address@hidden> wrote:
> I need to resolve function name by its IP, but found only
> unw_get_proc_name() which needs cursor and unw_get_proc_info_by_ip() which
> doesn't return function name.

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/libunwind-devel/2012-01/msg00002.html

Thanks for the link. That's exactly the problem I want to solve -- resolve function names for backtraces taken earlier.
However your reply is not available for some reason in ml archive.

It's not clear that libunwind is the best library to do this.

Well, having unw_get_proc_name(), unw_get_proc_info() and unw_get_proc_info_by_ip() I think it's quite logical and orthogonal to have also unw_get_proc_name_by_ip()

 -Arun