Re: [Libunwind-devel] PathScale contrib - misc stuff (Solaris/cmake/ppc6

From: C. Bergström
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] PathScale contrib - misc stuff (Solaris/cmake/ppc64)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:20:19 +0700

On 08/20/14 09:18 PM, Arun Sharma wrote:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 6:08 PM, "C. Bergström"
<address@hidden> wrote:

ping?

hmm.. nobody cares enough to even reply to my email? Assuming my email isn't
caught in a filter somewhere I hope someone has a few cycles to help us get
this cleanly merged upstream.

Benefits of cmake related patches seem non-obvious to me. But if you
rebase the solaris patches to HEAD, happy to review and apply,
assuming it doesn't break other platforms.
Other projects are taking the duel build approach and while we can easily maintain this outside the tree I think it has value for others.

For example - I'm testing on a platform which out-of-the-box doesn't have autocrap (early development system), but I can build cmake in 2-5 minutes and it's working.

The cmake stuff is the least intrusive and we'd maintain it or at least fix any reported bugs.