Re: [Libunwind-devel] Tabs vs Spaces (Re: Fast stack trace for AArch64 a

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Tabs vs Spaces (Re: Fast stack trace for AArch64 and ARM)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 22:53:13 +0530

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 8:57 PM, David Abdurachmanov
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> The diffs bring in a lot of tabs plus I haven't been very diligent in
>> the past about coding style. I'm thinking a one time fixup:
>>
>> for f in $(find src include -name '*.[ch]'); do expand -t 8 $f >
>> /tmp/x; mv /tmp/x $f; done
>>
>> is not a bad idea on the entire code base. Please yell if you think
>> this makes your code ugly or if there is a better way to fix this up.
>
> I am not against it, especially if it's consistent between the code base.
>
> If you do have any code style guide, I can ask Filip to update
> the patch or update it myself.

The project uses GNU coding style documented here:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html

Running such reformatting scripts makes rebasing/maintaining out of
tree patches harder. Not a big fan of this approach. Hopefully we can
make a one time exception to cleanup the code base.

 -Arun