lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2653 in lilypond: Midi output does not respect

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2653 in lilypond: Midi output does not respect tied notes
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:52:28 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 2653 by address@hidden: Midi output does not respect tied notes

I disagree slightly with your comment. As a grade 8 pianist with a c
grade at A level music and with 44 yrs of playing music behind me from
Frescobaldi through William Lawes, on to scarlatti and bach, Beethoven
to Debussy and all manner of european folk music, I have always played
two notes which are the same note tied together with a slur as tied
notes. How else did composers signify a tied note?

My expectation is that two notes which are the same note with a slur
between them /are/ tied, especially when across a rythmic divide or a
bar line.

If lilypond is not following this convention then I think this should be
clearer in the docs.