Re: Patchy email

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 17:05:44 +0200

Knut Petersen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 29.07.19 16:27, David Kastrup wrote:
>> And here are the results from a freshly cloned tree: with your patch,
>> test-baseline fails.  Without it, it succeeds.
>
> Thanks. The other way round here.
>
>> Would any log files help?  I can rerun make test (both successfully and
>> unsuccessfully) with redirected log files and probably also not use
>> multithreading in order to give comparable log files.
> Unfortunately the logs don't show which parts of the python etc. are used.
> I'll do some further tests and strace the whole 'make test-baseline' process.
> Somewhere in the strace logs will be the answer.

For whatever it may be worth: outside of running the build scripts I
have

dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond2/build$ which musicxml2ly
/usr/local/bin/musicxml2ly
dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond2/build$ echo $PATH
/home/dak/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin

That variant of musicxml2ly would be of some 2.21.0 leadup variety.  If
you have anything derived from your patch/testing there, this could be
involved with the difference we are (but should not be) seeing.

--
David Kastrup