Re: Issue 5568: make build output terse by default (issue 557080043 by a

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Issue 5568: make build output terse by default (issue 557080043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 16:23:18 -0700

Thanks for your efforts.  Some comments.

* What about using the automake format, for example

    CC     foo.o
    CCLD   bar
    FLEX   baz.c

  See the automake info manual, `Silencing Make', for more.

  In particular I think that the `Making ' string can be completely
omitted.

* I can imagine that it makes more sense to show paths (if at all)
relative to the top-level build or source directory.  This would allow a
quick comparison of compilation logs between two different
installations.

* The idea of showing the type of input file is nice; this might be a
useful addition to showing the processing program.  I'm not sure about
that, however.

https://codereview.appspot.com/557080043/