Re: gub targets + binary packages

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: gub targets + binary packages
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 18:40:05 +0000

lilypond-devel" <lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of
address@hidden> wrote:

    >     Hi all,
    >
    >     lately I've been playing with gub, partly to get python3 packaged.
Upon
    >     inspection, it seems some targets are broken and some are ... a bit
    >     out-of-date:
    >
    >     darwin-ppc: Support for applications targeting PowerPC was removed in
    >     Darwin 11.0 / Mac OS X 10.7, released in 2011.
    >
    > That doesn't mean there aren’t people using PowerPC macs.  I don't
    > think there is a reason to eliminate this target.

    When we complete transition to Python 3, I don't think there is a
    working port.

By port, do you mean Python 3 doesn't work on PPC, or the MacPorts doesn't
support Python 3 on PPC, or something else entirely?

I note that both Python 3.4 and 3.5 have working PPC installers, although 3.6
and later do not.
https://www.python.org/downloads/mac-osx/

Thanks,

Carl