Re: Frescobaldi on MacOS 10.15 with MacPorts

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi on MacOS 10.15 with MacPorts
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 19:53:02 +0200

Dear Hans,

Il giorno sab 19 ott 2019 alle ore 19:01 Hans Åberg
<address@hidden> ha scritto:
> For some reason, MacPorts ‘port install frescobaldi-devel’ failed on MacOS
> 10.15, and a ticket could not resolve it. So perhaps somebody here might want
> giving it a try.

I'm the maintainer of the frescobaldi{,-devel} ports and of its
dependencies py-poppler-qt{4,5}.
I have already committed a fix for your ticket
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59370 two days ago.
Please update the port definitions, clean the failed port and try
again to install frescobaldi-devel, i.e. run

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port clean py37-poppler-qt5
sudo port install frescobaldi-devel

(Cleaning the port should not be necessary, MacPorts should discard
the previous build attempt since the port was changed, but cleaning it
explicitly does no harm.)

If the original problem persists, please report on the original ticket.
If you encounter any other problems, please open corresponding tickets.

Best wishes.
Davide