Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 13:15:11 -0400

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 11:33 AM Marnen Laibow-Koser <address@hidden>
wrote:
[...]

> I may try it there at some point, but right now I’m focusing on GUB
> dependencies.  I got Perl to build; right now I’m working with GNU file,
> which isn’t finding libz1.2.3 in the right place.  (Anyone know how to
> massage the library flags to get this to work?)

Update: I managed to get all the generic *nix GUB dependencies building on
the MacStadium box.  Now I'm into the Darwin-specific ones...and of course
it *assumes* that it's cross-compiling them, which causes some problems.
Before I spend too much time looking aimlessly: does anyone know where in
the GUB source code it figures out if it's cross-compiling?  I think I may
need to change the logic there, and I'm not sure where to find it.  I'll
find it eventually, of course, but if anyone can point me to the right
place, it would make the process go faster.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
address@hidden