Re: MacOS 64bit installer

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: MacOS 64bit installer
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 18:25:26 +0000

I'm sorry about the broken link.  It's fixed here.

On 10/31/19, 12:24 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Carl Sorensen"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

    On 10/31/19, 12:06 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Malte Meyn"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

    <snip>

      Is it foreseeable whether and when a simple
        solution will exist for the 64 bit problem?

        Cheers,
        Malte

        P.S.: IIUC Frescobaldi doesn’t have such problems, does it?

    There is certainly a 64-bit Frescobaldi installer for Version 2.20:

https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/releases/download/v2.20.0/Frescobaldi-2.20.0-x86_64.dmg

    IIUC, there is a 64-bit LilyPond installer created in MacPorts, but that
does not require MacPorts to be installed:

    https://web2.storegate.com/share/oCQjV4r

    That link is a pretty slow download, so I've mirrored it here:

    https://www.et.byu.edu/~sorensen/lilypond-devel-2.19.83_2.mpkg

    Malte, if you could try it on a macOS system with Catalina installed and
without MacPorts installed, that would let us know whether or not it works.

    Thanks,

    Carl