Re: Issue 5639: compile with -std=c++11 (issue 553310045 by address@hidd

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 5639: compile with -std=c++11 (issue 553310045 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 16:24:01 -0800

On 2019/12/15 14:40:08, dan_faithful.be wrote:
On Dec 15, 2019, at 06:31, mailto:address@hidden wrote:
> It is not the commit title, but I do think that this is not a part
of issue
5639: compile with --std=c11
> The reason that I think it is important to keep this separated is
that the
impact is very different.
> When a commit with only comments is in a separate issue, it is easy
to cherry
pick it for let say version 2.0.
> Although you make it a separate commit, in rietveld it is still one
issue.

The effort of handling a separate ticket and review is not worth it to
me for
this particular typo correction.  I'm willing to revert it and leave
it for the
next person who notices it, if that bothers you less than piggybacking
on this
issue.
—
Dan

Dan, a typo in a comment or in a doc string _not_ passed through Texinfo
or not containing Texinfo-relevant changes is material for just pushing
to staging in a commit of its own.  As you say, review is overkill, and
wrapping it into some other topic not touching a file is a distraction.

https://codereview.appspot.com/553310045/