Re: Accidentals' font

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Accidentals' font
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 00:31:37 +0200

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 12:14 AM Kieren MacMillan <
kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi Paolo,
>
> > What would you consider more readable?
>
> The Feta version.
> The only objection I have is to the kerning in mf — otherwise, I think the
> Feta version is more readable.

Not so trivial to judge. In my knowledge a dynamic is really readable when
it's strongly coupled to the note it belongs to.
Otherwise, what is readable is the glyph. When you have m and f separated,
the glyph itself it's more readable, but not the pair note-dynamic.
And playability doesn't privilege aesthetics...

> > I can provide other examples if you are interested.

Then it is pretty strange that you were interested in commenting on
something that is not of your interest ;-)