Re: Accidentals' font

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Accidentals' font
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 10:57:32 +0200

Hi Jean-Julien,

Le 10/07/2020 à 10:34, Jean-Julien Fleck a écrit :
Hello Urs,

Le ven. 10 juil. 2020 à 09:03, Urs Liska <lists@openlilylib.org <mailto:lists@openlilylib.org>> a écrit :

    But I'd like to repeat that the fonts created by Abraham (including
    Gonville) are at least partially available as free fonts, and they
    already *can* be used in a regular LilyPond installation without any
    hassles.

    All you need to do is copy (or better link) the font files in the
    fonts
    directory (Frescobaldi even offers a nice interface for handling that
    for arbitrary new LilyPond installations) and add some code to the
    paper block of your document.

The manual procedure is described at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/notation/replacing-the-notation-font.en.html

I guess you can also just open the dedicated Frescobaldi interface and follow the steps.

    If you use openLilyLib this is as easy as \useNotationFont Gonville.
    The notation-fonts package even provides (optional) default
    stylesheets
    for all supported fonts (to provide a good starting point regarding
    e.g. line thicknesses).

Could you please give us a link that explains how to do that installation ?

I've been searching (a bit) ever since the page https://github.com/OpenLilyPondFonts appeared in this thread but couldn't find a tutorial to explain step by step what to do. I would have expected that such an explanation to be placed in the README.md file at the top of each font repository, at least pointing to a place explaining the generic way to do it but I couldn't find any.

Is there such a step-by-step tutorial and where can I find it ?

What Urs describes is an openLilyLib package, so you want to get started with openLilyLib first. https://www.openlilylib.org/getstarted/install.html, perhaps?

Regards,
Jean Abou Samra