Re: New release

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: New release
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 09:05:02 +0200

Am Montag, den 13.07.2020, 22:38 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
> Am Montag, den 13.07.2020, 21:07 +0200 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> > On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 7:49 PM Phil Holmes <email@philholmes.net> wrote:
> > > I created a new release today.  I know that (again) I got the news wrong
> > > and
> > > will need to fix that.  However, it looks like the web docs are probably
> > > not
> > > correctly picking up a style sheet (see
> > > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/contributor/index_1#Introduction-to-contributing
> > >
> > > as a simple example) - they're certainly not presented correctly.  Could
> > > anyone say what has gone wrong and what needs to be done to fix it?
> >
> > the 2.21 docs are missing a tocframe section in the manpages. Could
> > this be a fallout of the recent texi2html work?
>
> Ouch, that doesn't look good, but probably related to my work. (For all
> of the changes, I looked at diffs of the HTML docs before and after my
> changes and all looked clean, but that's only my environment...)
>
> From what I saw during a quick look, it could be our init file wasn't
> loaded at all - for example, all cross-links are prefixed with the
> linked book. I don't remember seeing this locally (does this happen for
> anyone?), so one possible difference is the Perl version. GUB has
> version 5.10 which is ... ancient. It could be that I'm using
> *something* (no Perl expert) that breaks loading the file in GUB. I'll
> investigate tomorrow.

Pretty good guess:
$ ../gub/target/tools/root/usr/bin/perl -c
Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init
Bareword found where operator expected at Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init
line 827, near "s/<li>/<li class="toc_current">/r"
syntax error at Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init line 827, near
"s/<li>/<li class="toc_current">/r"
Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init had compilation errors.

Okay, so let's do it the old way:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/246
(not tested with GUB yet, will do later today)