Re: Fwd: LilyPond | Pipeline #166542826 has failed for dev/harm/duration

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fwd: LilyPond | Pipeline #166542826 has failed for dev/harm/duration-line | ddec74be in !249
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 00:15:04 +0200

Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> writes:

> Am Di., 14. Juli 2020 um 22:14 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
> <thomasmorley65@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Am Di., 14. Juli 2020 um 22:03 Uhr schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de>:
>>
>> > Did you run a full 'make test' locally and it passed?
>>
>> I thought so. Will check/redo...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Harm
>
> Ok, the culprit was: after doing successfully all local tests, I added
> something, which I supposed to be trivial. It wasn't.
> Should be fixed now. make test succeeds.
>
> What's the command line syntax to upload a fixed patch?
>
> First upload I did with
> git push -o merge_request.create -o merge_request.title="My patch" -o
> merge_request.remove_source_branch origin HEAD:my-proposed-branch-name
>
> Doing the same for the fix sounds wrong.

Just push without any options (by the way, when not using
merge_request.title, the title is just picked off the headline of the
commit) to the same branch.  Since you likely have amended your commit
instead of adding one on top, this will not be a fast forward push, so
you'll need the -f option or use +HEAD:my-proposed-branch-name as
source:target description.  It's the same requirement as you'd have
after rebasing.

--
David Kastrup