Re: GSoC 2020: Shape-note notehead encoding

From: Owen Lamb
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020: Shape-note notehead encoding
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 18:05:25 -0700

Hmm... Washida is already a Japanese surname, which might cause confusion.
If you'd really like to dissociate your area from Florida, all I can offer
is going further northwest: Alaskida or Floraska. But then to be consistent
we'd have to take Hawaii into account, and it doesn't play well with such
an Anglo-Saxon name as Maine! Ha...maine? Hawaiine? Mawaii?

Hey, that last one actually doesn't sound half bad! ...oh wait, it's a
lotion brand.