Re: regression tests for `lilypond-book`?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: regression tests for `lilypond-book`?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 23:18:53 +0200

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 7:56 PM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:
> > So where's the problem?
>
> ... it doesn't do a comparison against correct input.

The lilypond-book directory tests features of lilypond-book, but it
doesn't any real comparison. Meaningful comparison would be to compare
PDF files (after processing with LaTeX) across versions, but we don't
have support for that in the build system, and the code involved is
much simpler compared to lilypond itself, that there is little value
in doing these tests.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen